Eye Surgery and Procedures
Accent Vision Specialists deliver state-of-the-art eye care, and our doctors treat a wide variety of vision problems, eye diseases, injuries, and perform minor surgical services. Our full-scope optical and medical services are offered in our offices in central Santa Fe. You can rest assured you are in good hands with the depth of experience and decades of extensive medical practice that our doctors possess.
Medical and Surgical
The optometric physicians at Accent Vision Specialists perform over 30 types of in-office minor surgical procedures involving the ocular surface, tear drainage system and eyelids. They also prescribe and administer oral, injectable and topical medications in the treatment of eye disorders.
Minor Office Procedures
Occasionally, an eye or eyelid problem arises that is not quite controlled with topical or oral medications or therapy. Surgical procedures offered at Accent Vision include eyelid cyst, growth and stye removal, permanent in-turned eyelash removal, corneal surface smoothing and conjunctival procedures.
The following are conditions that may require surgical procedures or injections:
- Benign eyelid growths
- Suspected eyelid cancer requiring biopsy
- Conjunctival or corneal lesions or foreign bodies
- Corneal recurrent erosions
- Corneal or conjunctival lacerations or abrasions
- Corneal or conjunctival degenerative changes
- Dry eyes
- Watery eyes
- Eyelid or conjunctival looseness or laxity
- Eyelid/facial muscle spasms
Our Dry Eye Center of Excellence specializes in tear drainage duct closure, commonly used in the treatment of dry eye syndrome. Accent Vision is the only office in Northern New Mexico to use microwave scalpels to minimize bleeding during procedures.
In addition to the surgeries, the doctors manage glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, eye injuries and a host of eye disorders. A vast array of advanced diagnostic instruments is used to provide the highest level of medical eye care available in this area.
These instruments include:
• Ocular Coherence Tomography (OCT) for retinal and glaucoma evaluation
• Ultrasound pachymetry for corneal thickness measurements.
• Two types of visual field testing are available for optic nerve and neurological function assessment.
• Corneal topography is used for evaluation of corneal disorders and custom contact lens fittings.
• Wide field retinal imaging (OPTOS)
• Computerized Tear Analysis for the evaluation of dry eye.
• Both standard retinal photography and laser assisted wide-field ocular imaging are used to diagnose and manage internal eye disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and diabetic eye disease.
Contact us to schedule an appointment today.